Saturday, June 11, 2016

Day 57

I wrote this post yesterday, but I couldn't get the picture to upload, because of inadequate bandwidth. So, I got up early to post it this morning. 

June 10, 2016

This is the 57th day since we left home on our Grand Adventure. One thing you learn on a long vacation trip is that life doesn't stop because you are on vacation. People have birthdays. People graduate. So, I am holding down the fort in Billings, MT, while Jill attends her brother's daughter's graduation ceremony tonight and a big party tomorrow in Walnut Creek, CA. I miss her a whole bunch, and I just put her on the plane this morning at 6 AM.  Well, I actually dropped her off at the terminal at 4:45 AM...that's AM, as in really, really early.

The upside of this circumstance is that there were some things that needed doing around the trailer, and I have a couple of days to do them.  After I got my eyes open, I bathed both dogs. This dreaded activity actually went very smoothly, and the dogs are still speaking to me!  While Pogo and Lulu took their morning naps and dried off, I drove the truck to an auto repair shop to see if they could find out why the left front tire was losing air at the rate of about one psi per day. It turns out that the screw in the tread was not helping. It was a quick, easy and best of all inexpensive fix.

It felt so good to know that the tires would not go flat that I made my next stop at a car wash.  So, Black Beauty is looking and feeling good. Well, I need to muck out the interior tomorrow. I also need to wash some mud off the front of the trailer that has been there since St. James, MN!

After I got home, I vacuumed the trailer and straightened up a bit. The dogs needed walking again, so we went out and took care of business. It was getting hot by then, so we came back to the trailer and I turned on Turner Classic Movies and watched a couple of very bad 50s sci-fi movies.

I sat on the patio for a while with the dogs, but they got too hot (it has been near 100 degrees the last two days) and wanted to go back in the house. We went in and it seemed like a good time for a nap. I took one.

Here's the view from our patio swing. This is the very first KOA 
 (Kampgrounds of America) that was ever put into service. Kinda neat!


Now it's evening, and I can't work up an appetite for dinner, so I will probably have a glass of milk and an ice cream bar and call it good. One of my bad habits is that I eat badly when Jill is gone. Tomorrow, I have to move to another space, because the campground didn't have a space available for the six days we will be here, but they did have two different spaces available for three nights each. So, stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of Tommy does Baching in Billings.

No comments:

Post a Comment